Connect with us

News

70% of Covid19 Deaths in Nigeria are caused by various diseases – Dr. Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Health

Published

on

Dr. Osagie Ehanire
Dr. Osagie Ehanire

Dr. Osagie Ehanire said that 70 percent of Nigerians who died of the new coronavirus in this country are people with hypertension, diabetes, kidney disease, HIV, cancer and tuberculosis.

He stated this at a briefing on the Presidential COVID -19 Task Force on Thursday, May 21.

According to the minister, an analysis of the current number of deaths from the virus has shown that 70 percent are men and the remaining 30 percent are women.

“Essential fatalities we’ve had for COVID -19, 70% have hypertension or diabetes, and the rest are kidney disease, HIV, cancer, tuberculosis and other various challenges. The results of the analysis of death patterns show that in this ratio 70-30% of men and women is about 70%, and about 70% of deaths were people aged 60, while the majority of positive people were between 29 and 49; they are the most active epochs in life.

A strange finding from the analysis of the number of deaths shows that nearly half of them died in families. About 50% of those who die at home have no symptoms. This emphasizes my previous emphasis that those who test positive need to report treatment.

I also recommend that those who have taken the exam and waiting for the results pay attention to consultation, to isolate themselves from friends, wear masks and observe the hygiene of the hands and respiratory system until the results come out, so that your community and people around you are not necessarily Be exposed. “He says

Dr. Osagie Ehanire

Sylvester Oputa is an inspirational/motivational speaker. A graduate of Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic Bori (Former Rivers State Polytechnic) where He studied Computer Science. Sylvester Oputa has passion in what ever he is doing especially when it comes to academics which his passion led him to specialize on Software Development (Programming) he is commonly known as 'dCRAZYprogrammer' because of his tactical way of solving problem this has distinguished him from others. Sylvester Oputa is a good leader and he have served in various capacities in school and other organizations. And with God he is achieving more. Sylvester Oputa is hail from Idu-Osobile Community in ONELGA Rivers State.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply