Kaduna State Governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has extended the lockdown for another two weeks ahead of a 60-day curfew.
In a statement by the deputy governor, Dr, Hadiza Balarabe, said that the people would be given the opportunity to resume their activities slowly.
However, there was no further comment on the policy or measures on how this can be achieved in the short term.
Kaduna State has taken steps to curb the spread of the virus.
A total of 208 people have been infected in Kaduna, but according to the governor, most of them are returnees recovered Kano from state.
Mr. El-Rufai spent Friday and Saturday days on the Kaduna-Kano border to enforce travel restrictions.
El-Rufai vowed that no one will be allowed to enter Kaduna from Kano. This announcement came about because of the of the Kano state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje’s decision to allow Friday and Eid ul fitr prayers to be held Kano.
The Kaduna governor’s announcement now comes after last week his deputy said they are still not satisfied with the present situation as regards the control of the spread and so therefore, the state will not be opened to people outside the state.
Governor El-Rufai was the first person to be diagnosed with the disease in his home state of Kaduna, but announced his recovery on Wednesday April 22 after contracting the disease on March 28.
The Kaduna government has also said it will enforce the use of face mask as it is important in reducing the spread of the virus and in protecting public health.