Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has extended the term of the president of the Court of Appeal, Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem.
In a statement issued by the President on Friday, the new transitional period will begin on June 3, 2020.
President Buhari has appointed Justice Monica in the interim role following the retirement of Zainab Bulkachuwa.
Justice Monica becomes the second woman to lead Nigeria’s Court of Appeal.
Monica Dongban-Mensem is a native of Plateau State and has been the Chairman of the Court of Appeal.
She studied her first and second degree in the Faculty of Law at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Monica Dongban-Mensem’s autobiography Briefly:
- Monica Dongban-Mensem was born on June 13, 1957
- She was born in Dorok, Shendam Local Government Area
- Former Chief Justice of the Enugu State Branch
- Author of The Defendant in 1991
- She holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree At Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- She holds a degree at the Center for Advanced Legal Studies, University of London, Russel Square
- She is a former judge in the Abuja high court
- Former registrar at Plateau State High Court in 1979
- Former teacher at Catholic Media Center in Kaduna
- Former lecturer at the University of Jos
- She founded the Pa William Mensem Education Foundation