Connect with us


Three soldiers killed in India-China Ladakh clashes



An Indian Army spokesman said that three Indian Army personnel, including a commander, had a “violent confrontation” with Chinese soldiers in the Himalayas of Ladakh and were killed.

It was reported on Tuesday that the Chinese military also suffered casualties in the conflict. This was the first such confrontation between the two Asian giants since 1975, when soldiers died.

Hu Xijin said in a tweet: “According to my understanding, China has also suffered casualties in the natural conflict in the Garwan Valley.”

The incident on Monday night came weeks after increased tension and the deployment of thousands of additional troops from both sides of the area.

A spokesman for the Indian Army said in a statement: “During the deescalation of the Garwan Valley, a deadly violent confrontation occurred last night with casualties. The loss of life on the Indian side included an officer and two soldiers.”

The statement said: “Senior officers from both sides are currently meeting at the venue to ease the situation.”

Ajay Shukla, a retired Indian Army officer and military analyst in Tamil Nadu State in southern India, said the recent conflict will “put political pressure on the (India) government to take action.”

He said: “This is an extremely serious confrontation, which may be the most serious confrontation since 1975, when four Indian troops were killed by Chinese soldiers at the border.”

“The Indian government actually underestimated the whole thing, only the recent events destroyed this position.”
At the 3,500-kilometer (2,200-mile) border between the two regional powers, tensions often erupt, and this has never been properly delineated.

Since May, thousands of soldiers from two nuclear-armed neighboring countries have participated in the recent confrontation of the Ladakh region bordering Tibet with the support of armored trucks and artillery.

Indian officials say Chinese soldiers crossed the border at three different points, set up tents and guard posts, and left in spite of verbal warnings. This triggered the use of arms, throwing stones and fighting.

Army officers and diplomats held a series of meetings to try to end the deadlock, but did not make any breakthroughs.

It was reported in New Delhi that the Indian Defense Minister is expected to meet with the Defense Chiefs and Foreign Minister later on Tuesday.

It is understood that the two sides are working hard to de-escalate the situation. They have been meeting for about ten days, and despite these guarantees, these deaths have occurred.

Janet Feranmi, a first-class graduate in Mass Communication. She graduated 2017. A Content Creator, lover of Dog. She writes for Daily news and also for

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *