Vans is a skateboarding shoe manufacturer based in the United States. Vans shoes is very popular among the youths and can be used as a casual wear as well skateboarding. The company is the parent sponsor of the annual Vans Warped Tour traveling rock festival. Here are some interesting facts about Vans;
1 The founder of Vans shoes are Paul Van Doreen and James Van Dorren both of whom are brothers. The Van brothers on March, 1966, opened their first factory at at 704 East Broadway in Anaheim, California. The company was opened under the name “The Van Doren Rubber Company.”
2. The original version of the Vans skateboard logo was designed by Mark Van Doreen at the age of 13 who so happens to be the son of then president, James Van Doren.
3. Vans have been sponsoring the Wharped tour since 1999 and even later became known as Vans Warped tour. It also sponsors surf, snowboarding, BMX and motocross teams.
4. Multiple Academy Award winning actor Sean Penn, made the Vans slip-on shoes popular all over the world when he wore them in a movie he featured which is now a classic comedy titled, “Fast Times At Ridgemont High”.
5. The most popular Vans shoe is the Vans 95, also known as Era, which was designed by skateboarding legends Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta.
6. In 1997 the Vans 36 was introduced for the first time as the Old Skool and are considered the hallmark shoe of the entire brand.
7. The Vans 98, the classic slip-on line became so popular that its silhouette has become the iconic logo for the company
8. Legendary pro skater Anthony Van Engelen is the first person rider for Vans Apparel.
9. As of early 2017, Vans record a net worth of $1.2 billion.
10. Vans produced their first ever surf movie flick titled ‘Get-N Classic, Vol. 1‘ and featured Joel Tudor, John Florence, the Vans surf team & Australian, Wade Goodall.