Good morning! Here is in the present day’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Labour union representatives yesterday staged a walk-out from a gathering with the Nigerian Government. The labour union walked out of the assembly barely 5 minutes after it began. The president of the Trade Union Congress, TUC, Quadri Olaleye, disclosed that the hike within the worth of gas and electrical energy tariffs had been prime on the assembly agenda and never problems with palliatives. He accused the President Muhammadu Buhari-led authorities of dishonesty and portray the organized labour in dangerous gentle earlier than the general public.
2. The kidnapped chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nasarawa State, Philip Shekwo, was on Sunday discovered useless. Report claims that his corpse was dumped round his house in Lafia. Skekwo was kidnapped within the early hours of Saturday.
3. The Police have confirmed the lethal assault on a mosque in Zamfara State by bandits. No fewer than 5 worshipers had been murdered within the assault. The assault occurred in a farming group inside Kanoma District of Maru Local Government Area. About 18 individuals are nonetheless lacking.
4. The vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, within the final election, Peter Obi, has known as on his fellow politicians to place problems with 2023 apart and deal with methods to rescue the nation from the present financial disaster. Obi stated that fixing the financial issues of Nigeria was extra essential than political permutations geared in direction of the subsequent normal elections. He faulted the current authorities for utilizing borrowed cash wrongly.
5. A former presidential candidate within the final normal elections, Kingsley Moghalu has stated that Nigeria’s financial system won’t be reworked till the nation is led by an mental and competent chief. Moghalu stated this whereas reacting to the report of Nigeria sliding into one other recession. According to him, COVID-19 pandemic is not any excuse for Nigeria to slip into one other recession.
6. FIFA has pre-selected two Nigerian referees to officiate on the 2023 Women’s World Cup, which will probably be co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand. It picked Ndidi Madu as a referee for the match together with seven others from Africa which embody Salima Mukansanga (Rwanda), Lidya Abebe (Ethiopia), Fatou Thioune (Senegal), Maria Rivet (Mauritius), Bouchra Karboubi (Morocco), Vincentia Amedome (Togo) and Dorsaf Ganouati (Tunisia). Another Nigerian, Mimisen Iyorhe was chosen as an assistant referee.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the killing of Mr Philip Shekwo, Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Nasarawa State. The President challenged safety companies to “do more” to finish violence in Nigeria. The President in a press release by Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, ordered Police investigation into his demise.
8. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has decried the upsurge of cult actions, violence and killings round adjoining areas of the Okoro-nodu flyover in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, declaring a complete curfew within the areas. The curfew is predicted to final for 2 weeks in your entire space alongside and across the Okoro-nodu flyover as much as one-kilometer radius from Saint Emmanuel Anglican Church, Rumuokoro, extending to the Rumuodomaya Slaughter and Local Government day by day market. It will take impact from Monday, twenty third November, 2020.
9. The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has condemned the destructions that adopted the peaceable End SARS protest in October. He stated the perpetrators should face the regulation. The former Rivers State Governor stated it was reliable to protest however unlawful to destroy personal and public property.
10. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Monday introduced 155 new COVID-19 circumstances within the nation. The well being company gave the replace on its official Twitter web page. This means Nigeria now has 66,383 confirmed circumstances of coronavirus, and 62,067 individuals have recovered. The public well being company stated demise toll within the nation has risen to 1167.