With utmost gratitude to Almighty God and the good people of Ondo North Senatorial District, the countless impacts and enduring legacies I have enacted in the areas of employment, empowerment, infrastructure and attraction of government agencies to Ondo North senatorial district will stand the test of time.
For the past 12 years, I have had the rare opportunity to represent the esteemed people of Ondo North Senatorial District across three different Assemblies: the 7th, 8th, and 9th. This privilege has offered me the platform to make enormous impacts in the lives of my constituents, an honour I do not take lightly.
From the very moment I was elected into the Senate in 2011 till this moment of bowing out, my dedication to service remained firm and unwavering. I extend heartfelt appreciation to my Distinguished Colleagues in the Senate, whose solid support has been instrumental to my delivery of quality leadership and adequate representation to the people of Ondo North senatorial district.
Together, my colleagues and I have worked tirelessly to bring about positive change, to make laws and policies that will transform our beloved Nation, Nigeria, into a better place for all. Even during Coronavirus pandemic, some of my colleagues and I worked everyday to provide leadership and legislative support to the interventions of Executive arm of government.
I cannot but acknowledge with gratitude the solid support and sacrifices of my darling wife, Professor Bamidele Boroffice, my children and my entire family. The sacrifices, understanding, and unconditional love demonstrated by my darling wife greatly enabled me to perform my duties and deliver dividends of democracy to my people.
As a federal lawmaker, I discharged my duties in the core areas of representation, lawmaking and oversight with due diligence and great commitment. I sponsored many Bills and the Bill that birthed the establishment of Defense Space Administration Agency is one of such landmark Bills.
I have ensured the implementation of many constituency projects and facilitated the establishment of many federal government
agencies in Ondo North. Today, these agencies have their offices and staff in Ondo North.
The agencies include National Research Institute for Chemical Technology – Ikare Akoko, Advanced Aerospace Centre – Oka Akoko, National Biotechnology Development Centre – Ebo Iwaro Oka, National Board of Technology Incubation – Oka Akoko and regional office of the Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology, NILEST.
I have facilitated the construction of Ultra modern Skills Acquisition Centres in Ifon, Owo, Ikaram, Ikare and Oka Akoko. Ongoing construction of Vocational training facility in Iyara in Akoko Southeast LG. Trained hundreds of constituents in fashion, leather technology, cosmetology, welding works and other areas. Ensured the establishment of Bio fuel ethanol plant, Cashew processing and Garri processing facilities. These interventions have consequently improved the lives of our constituents and created brighter future for our people.
Furthermore, I have facilitated the construction of mordern school classrooms across communities Ondo North Senatorial District. Modern hospitals also built in Supare Akoko, Irun Akoko, Oka Akoko, Arigidi and other parts of Ondo North. To ensure the sustenance of these hospitals, I brokered a partnership with the Federal Medical Centre, Owo to operate the hospitals. I am glad the partnership is huge success.
The traditional institutions and our revered monarchs were also supported. I built palaces, renovated palaces and supported royal activities.
I therefore appreciate the immense support from all the royal fathers from Akoko land, Ose, and Owo. Particularly: The Olubaka of Oka, HRM Oba Yusuf Adebori Adeleye, the Olukare of Ikare, HRM Oba Momoh Adbulazeez, the Alale of Akungba, HRM Oba Ajimo Sunday, the Onikun of Ikun, HRM Oba Olokunbola Adedoyin, the Olupe of Ipe, HRM Oba Apata Francis, the Oniboropa of Iboropa, HRM Oba Agboola Samuel Bayode, the Akala of Ikaram, HRM Oba Andrew Olamoyi Momodu, the Owa of Ogbagi, HRM Oba Adetona Victor Ojo, the Zaki of Arigidi, HRM Oba Yisa Olanipekun, the Oludotun of Ajowa, HRM Oba Kayode Olusa, the Oluro Ajowa, HRM Oba Ipinmoroti Sunday, the Oloyin of Oyin, HRM Oba Bamisile Lawrence Olusola, the Osunla of Erusu, HRM Oba Sunday Olaniyi Magaji, the Eleriti of Eriti, HRM Oba Ogunleye Amos Sunday, the Oluyanni of Iyanni, HRM Oba Daudu Joel Sunday, the Olubaram of Ibaram, HRM Oba Atibioke Olusegun Raphael, the Owage of Oge, HRM Oba Jimoh Sanuola, the Ewi Aje of Okeagbe, HRM Oba Oloruntoba Bello, the Elese of Ese, HRM Oba Adewunmi Daniel, the Oloso Ajowa, HRM Oba Jimoh Omoola Clement, the Olojo Ajowa, HRM Oba Adewale Timothy Fiwasaye, the Olugedegede of Igedegede, HRM Oba Sanni Walid, the Oluse of Ise, HRM Oba Ayodele Richard Olu and the Onirun of Irun, HRM Oba Bayode Agboola.
In Ondo North, for many years, I maintained about 100 aides, both statutory and non-statutory, representative of the 72 wards in the senatorial district. I appointed Chief of Staff, 7 Special Advisers, 12 Senior Special Assistants, 11 Special Assistants and 41 Personal Assistants.
I therefore acknowledge the enormous contributions of my dedicated staff members:
1)Chief of Staff – Ajanaku Adekunle
2)Chairman Advisory Council – Chief Bailey Arohunmolase
3)Special Adviser – Political – Sunday Agbede
5) Special Adviser – Business Development – Deji Ayoko
6) Special Adviser- Party Liaison – Ajulo James
7) Special Adviser – Other Parties Liaison – Aturu Lancy Olu
8) Special Adviser- Inter-Party Relations – KK Agunloye
9) Press Secretary – Kayode Fakuyi
SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANTS:
1) Senior Special Assistant- North-West LG- Toye Ajiboye
2) Senior Special Assistant- North-East LG- Fesojaiye Hassan
3) Senior Special Assistant- South-West LG- Joshua Ale
4) Senior Special Assistant- South-East LG- Olofin Ahmed
5) Senior Special Assistant- Owo LG- Akinrogbe Sunkanmi
6) Senior Special Assistant- Ose LG- Isibor Dele
7) Senior Special Assistant- Women Affairs- Bamikiya Christiana
8) Senior Special Assistant- Youth Coordination- Najeem Amuleya
9) Senior Special Assistant- Special Duties- Sikiru Ibrahim
11) Senior Special Assistant- Diaspora Liaison- Barr. Sola Daodu
12) Senior Special Assistant- Special Duties – Abu Lawrence
1. Special Assistant – Youth Development- Akinyemi Akinpelu
2. Special Assistant- Technical Empowerment- Aloma Idris
3. Special Assistant- Inter-Ethnic Affairs- Jimoh Ahmed
4. Special Assistant- Sports- Sola Obagunwa
5. Special Assistant- Entertainment Industry Coordination- Ajogbore Charles
6. Special Assistant- Rural Development- Alarima Adegbola
7. Special Assistant- Farm Settlement- Nojim Olokooba
8. Special Assistant- Artisan Affairs- Oluwashina Fredrick
9. Senior Special Assistant- Security – Iwasokun Abayomi
10. Special Assistant- Mobilization- Adojutelegan Mayowa
11. Special Assistant- New Media- Oriloye Frank
1) Personal Assistant- Mobilization- Adekunle Peters
2) Personal Assistant- Mobilization- Amejo Lawrence
3) Personal Assistant- New Media- Shitu Ganiyu Bakare
4) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison- Reuben Akele
5) Personal Assistant- Security- Ojo Ware
6) Personal Assistant- Nomination from
Party Elders- Elder Aminu AB
7) Personal Assistant- Women Affairs- Omodara Dayo
8) Personal Assistant- Youth Affairs- Sehinde Atere
9) Personal Assistant- Security Kola Olotu
10) Personal Assistant- Women Mobilization Obagunwa Shade
11) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison – Alaba Monday
12) Personal Assistant- Mobilization Olatunde Olajide
13) Personal Assistant- New Media Oladugba Bobola
14) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison Jimoh Ahmed
15) Personal Assistant- Youth Affairs Ekungba Aishat
16) Personal Assistant- Nomination from
Party Elders – Jibola Ologuntoye
17) Personal Assistant- Women Affairs Toyin Agboola Bolanle
18) Personal Assistant- Mobilization – Bukky Odeyemi
19) Personal Assistant – New Media – Omodele Olasukanmi
20) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison – Oloyede Gani
21) Personal Assistant – Youth Affairs Babatunde Odeinde
22) Personal Assistant – Nomination from
Party Elders – Obadimeji Sunday
23) Personal Assistant- Women Affairs Kehinde Ojumu
24) Personal Assistant- Security Mommoh Yisa
25) Personal Assistant- Mobilization Agnes Ayeni
26) Personal Assistant- New Media Adegboyega Karim
27) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison Peter Towase
28) Personal Assistant- Youth Affairs Obafemi Olusola
29) Personal Assistant- Nominations from
Party Elders – Oluremi Awolowo
30) Personal Assistant- Women Affairs Zainab Olatunbosun
28) Personal Assistant- Mobilization Ojo Adekunle Adedeji
29) Personal Assistant- New Media Oriloye Afusat
30) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison – Ahmed Lasisi
31) Personal Assistant- Youth Affairs Yisa Abiodun
32 Personal Assistant – Nomination from
Party Elders – Ojokunle Emmanuel
33) Personal Assistant- Women Affairs Fadamiye Mary
34) Personal Assistant- Security Ayeni Olawale
35) Personal Assistant- Mobilization Balogun Sunday
36) Personal Assistant – Mobilization – Wasiu Animashaun
37) Personal Assistant- New Media – Adebayo Adeola
38) Personal Assistant- LGA Liaison – Sunkanmi Suleiman
39) Personal Assistant- Youth Affairs – Yusuf Lateef
40) Personal Assistant- Nomination from Party Elders – Aladewunmi Tunde
41) Personal Assistant – Women Affairs – Raji Femisola
As I step away from my role as the Deputy Majority Leader of the Senate, I carry with me cherished memories, valuable experiences, and a deep sense of fulfillment. The journey has been challenging, but it has also been incredibly rewarding. I am confident that the seeds we have sown together will continue to bear fruit, and the legacy of service and dedication will endure.
Once again, I extend deep gratitude to the people of Ondo North senatorial district for massively voting for me thrice and for supporting me at all times. I can assure I will always have the best interest of my people at heart.
God bless you!
God bless Ondo North!!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!